Landscape Crew Member
$10.00 – $15.00
We are now hiring landscape crew members.
As a member of the landscape crew, you will work closely with other crew members to perform various landscaping duties, including:
• Cutting grass, trimming edges, cleaning up refuse, blowing trimmings, fertilizing and watering turf areas, digging holes, planting trees and flower beds, weeding, laying down stone pathways and performing other lawn care duties as directed by the foreman.
•Moving and installing sod, rock, mulch and plant material to assist with the construction of landscape gardens and related areas.
• Experience in operating power equipment such as mowers, blowers, trimmers, edgers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, etc., to perform all horticulture services.
• Experience in using horticulture hand tools such as rakes, shovels, pruners, loppers, shears, etc.
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screen.
• Although not a requirement, it is a plus if you have a valid driver's license.
• Extensive manual labor including repeated physical bending, kneeling, squatting and lifting up to 75 lbs.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be committed to safety at all times.
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
• Comply with all company policies and regulations.
• Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
• Work in a productive manner to complete job assignments.
• Excellent attendance and reliability is required.
• Effective communication skills.
Earth Landscape, Irrigation & Golf was founded in 1989, and started as a landscape & irrigation installation company. In 1995, DTE expanded to include a landscape maintenance division due to increasing demand from its preferred clients. DTE Golf acquired its first golf course maintenance contract in 2008 and it has become the company’s fastest growing division.
Today, DTE has over 700 team members that operate throughout the entire state of Florida, managing over 350 landscape maintenance contracts & 14 golf facilities with 378 holes.
Down To Earth’s goal for all three divisions is to approach it with the same business strategy and principles that have made the company a success since 1989: surround yourself with personnel that care and offer a service and product that demonstrates that to the client. DTE strives to build long term relationships with its clients by exemplifying its value through its work performance.
On staff, we have a state licensed general contractor, a GCSAA Class A Member Golf Director, state certified fertilizer and pest control operators, and irrigation designers and installers. Our expert staff shares innovative ideas that allow any issue to be addressed proactively and with total confidence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.